Help Please - Magnum Countryside 3502 Draft Blower Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dkotch

Dec 27, 2022
Michigan
Long time reader, first time poster here. This forum has been very helpful over the past couple years, but this is the first time I couldn't find an answer to my newest question.

I have a Magnum Countryside 3502. I'm starting to have an issue with the draft blower turning on when turning the unit on after it has cooled down. We burn corn so the Fuel Stirrer is always on a "1". Normally, when I turn the heat setting knob on I can hear the draft blower turning on and I can tell with the flame in the pot.

Lately, it will not turn on for me right away. If I turn it off and back on multiple times it eventually turns on for me. The green indicator light always stays a solid green so no error message there. If the stove is up and running for a while I can turn the heat setting off to remove the clinker, turn the heat setting knob back on, and it's good to go no issues.

My only issue seems to be getting that blower going from a cold start. I can eventually get it to start every time right now, but I know eventually it will quit on me completely. Any idea where to start?

Thanks!

Probably is the motor tight in it's bushings. See if it spins very freely, if not, you may be able to clean and lubricate. Or replace. Houever, if spins freely, you will need to check for voltage at it, when it is acting up, but light is on.