Help, Regency CI2600/Hampton HI400 Chimney sweep

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

killercut

Oct 26, 2018
Southbury, CT
I have the Hampton HI400 with a SS liner. How do I do the chimney sweep?
Its kinda an emergency, need to do it right now, tonight... All chimney sweeps in my area are booked till Dec by now.

I ordered this from amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010H5JXA/?tag=hearthamazon-20

I was expecting a round hole, but this sweeping tool should work anyway.

Do I need to take the whole insert out and disconnect the liner? Or what?

Its kinda an emergency, need to do it right now, tonight... All chimney sweeps in my area are booked till Dec by now.

Take a pair of vise grips and clamp it tothe front tube. Then take a rubber mallet and hit the visegrips driving the tube to the left i beleive. The tube should pop right out so you can remove the baffles. This gives you a clear shot up through the liner.

Wait no you have the hybrid insert just go straight up through the upen bypass damper. Then pull the flame guard and cat vacume the cat gently and vacume out the space behind it. Put everything back together.

Great, I did it. There was some metal plate in the way, but I was able to slide it forward and get the tool up into the flue. It was a tight fit because that tool has a ball tip. I also stuck the shop vac hose into the hole as well and ran it the whole time... When I finished and got it out, I took the cat out and vacuumed it up as best I could, there wasn't too much on top... Hopefully I didn't damage the liner, and hopefully I did get to the top. Mine is about 22' so when I put the last rod in I pushed it to the top by hand to try to feel the top and then I ran the last 3 feet down instead of up...
2 rods did break, luckily I ordered 2 packs...

Or is there another way to figure out when you get to the cap?