Help removing damper and connecting 6” from wood insert to this pipe.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bulld316

Nov 18, 2022
Lemont, IL
09CB3976-5A3F-47D3-A7EE-FBF133C13B60.jpeg

We need a bit more information about what exactly you are trying to do

It worries me. That looks like an HVAC duct.

I don't see a damper. I see what looks like galvanized duct pipe that is close to wiring and what looks to be a combustible wall.

Looks like air cooled chimney for a zero clearance fireplace

This is triple wall chimney pipe. I believe it’s 8”. Can I just connect the back of the wood burning insert 6” to this pipe or do I need to try run a flex 6” through it?

This is triple wall chimney pipe. I believe it’s 8”. Can I just connect the back of the wood burning insert 6” to this pipe or do I need to try run a flex 6” through it?
Again we need more info. What make and model fireplace does that pipe connect to? What insert are you using?

But no you absolutely cannot just connect to that pipe. It isn't rated for the temperatures needed for a woodstove it's only rated for a fireplace

Reactions: trail guy Mike