HELP!! USS Stove model 6041 hf won’t power on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nroberge

Sep 12, 2023
Maine
Last night i was getting my pellet stove ready for use but it wuld not ignite. Today i was checking the fuses etc now it won’t power on at all!!! HELP! I checked make sure all connections tight.. i even switched out the control panel to an d one that was working & nothing! What can i do? HELP! Or should i say….. what did i do now?!?!!!! HELP PLEASE! Thx u

Update: I think I figured it out …. There is a white wire that comes from back corner of unit - I assume hopper switch wire (6 pin connection). If that is plugged in - NO POWER if NOT plugged in - I HAVE POWER! Am i correct is the white wire for hopper switch?

Last edited:
You verified the breaker for the wall outlet and the reset on the surge protector (if yo are using one)?

That is where I would start.

Up in the sticky threads there is one on USSC trouble shooting. In that there are technical manuals for the different models. They should include trouble shooting steps as well.

Ok, I went into tech mode…… I” ve read that if the heat range button stays lit - replace micro switch. I replaced it and again heat range button lit. Any suggestions?

Ok, I went into tech mode…… I” ve read that if the heat range button stays lit - replace micro switch. I replaced it and again heat range button lit.
Could you once again explain the problem. You say no power then say heat range lit? So you have power? When you plug stove in does anything show on control board? When you push on button what happens? Do any lights or motors come on? I have never heard of the heat range button having anything to do with the hopper switch were did you read this?

I assume hopper switch wire (6 pin connection)
Hopper wire harness is two white wires with one end spaded the other end is small 3 prong plug that connects to board at Temp In. Does not run into any 6 pin connections. I can not remember any 6 pin connections on the harness could you post a picture of this connection its location and what white wire you are unplugging?

Taking a wild guess but if you are unplugging a white wire then board gets power then I would say that one of the components or a white wire (neutral) has a short probaly in a motor or switch itself. Try unplugging white wires at the motors one at a time.

Sorry for the confusion. The pellet stove does hav power now - I fixed that issue. I went into tech mode & I read ….. if the heat range up button stays lit - change the switch on the hopper. I have done that - but the heat range up button stays lit still. Any suggestions?

he heat range up button stays lit still.
If you are talking about the circled indicator light in picture, it should be on any time the stove is on (running). If it is on when stove is completely shut off, ie no motors running, no other lights on then the stove is not completing its shutdown or is getting power from something. First thing I would check is if the igniter is still on after stove has cooled off.

What did you do to fix your initial problem of no power?

heat range.jpg

Yes, that is light I am talking about. Thank you for the information. I am a newbie pellet stove owner. I fixed the no power issue by unplugging the hopper wire from control board. Once i unplugged that wire - it worked. I replaced the hopper micro switch and after replacing, i plugged that wire back into control board and I was good to go. Thank you for your help!!!!