Help with 25-pdvc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gea

Feb 1, 2021
Fairbanks, AK
Hello I’m sure these questions has been asked a million times but I’m lost and just need this stove work properly. I just recently bought my home and this is the stove that’s in it. It’s my understanding that is stove is like 2 or 3 years old. I’m not sure what setting the low fuel feed, low burn air and air on temp should be. Also I’d like to know what’s the best way to operate this unit to get the most heat and least pellet consumption? and lastly I’d like to know how to make it able to use a thermostat?? Not sure if it makes a difference but I’m in Alaska. I’ve been buying pellets from Lowe’s and Home Depot they are low ash made with Douglas fir. Thank you in advance for all and any help

I believe factory default is 6-4-1 on the bottom 3. You can play around with the first two, but ALWAYS leave the AOT on 1. Also, so you know, those bottom 3 only affect heat ranges 1 & 2.

Best way to operate it? Make sure it is CLEAN. The leaf blower trick is your friend. These stoves are VERY finicky. Also, check out the burn plate mods here on the site. I've done those mods to this stove's big brother, the 25-PDV and it has helped immensely. You can do a search on the site for both the burn plate mods and the leaf blower trick.

Finally, for hooking up a thermostat, check the manual. There is a spot on the control board that currently should have a jumper in it. Remove the jumper and wire your thermostat in there.

Eric

Greetings. There should be plate under the hopper lid that states model and date code. If not already, here is link for owners manual you should read first.. Other should chime in shortly...

Maximum heat output and low fuel consumption don't mix well in any unit. More realized het equals more fuel used equals more frequent cleanings. How it plays with any make.

I believe factory default is 6-4-1 on the bottom 3. You can play around with the first two, but ALWAYS leave the AOT on 1. Also, so you know, those bottom 3 only affect heat ranges 1 & 2.

Best way to operate it? Make sure it is CLEAN. The leaf blower trick is your friend. These stoves are VERY finicky. Also, check out the burn plate mods here on the site. I've done those mods to this stove's big brother, the 25-PDV and it has helped immensely. You can do a search on the site for both the burn plate mods and the leaf blower trick.

Finally, for hooking up a thermostat, check the manual. There is a spot on the control board that currently should have a jumper in it. Remove the jumper and wire your thermostat in there.

Eric

Eric

my manual just tells me how to hook the thermostat up by removing the jumper it doesn’t tell me how to let the stove know there is a thermostat controlling it now. Also is there a specific type of thermostat I need?

Greetings. There should be plate under the hopper lid that states model and date code. If not already, here is link for owners manual you should read first.. Other should chime in shortly...
May 2018

well if you hook a milivolt (any 10 dollar tstat) to the connections directed by your manual and then remove the jumper it just told the stove you have a tstat. the 25PDVC isn't a smart stove they just use solid state pcb's to turn on components as programmed