Help with a 25-pdv only one blower woking PLEASE HELP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dans3kgt

Nov 2, 2009
wilmington ohio
Hello I am new to the forums but have had this stove since it was new (way back in 94) Just to let you know it is the 2 blower non led control board all I have is 2 buttons (on and off ) and 2 knobs (blower and heat ) all was fine until yesterday when I got home and noticed that the fire was burning very hot but the blowers were not working . I pulled the control board and checked for voltage to the terminals that control that blower. as I was messing around the other blower did come on .(the one that blows out over the door) I wonder why it took it so long to come on I was afraid that if I had not come home there could have been a big problem since no blowers were working and the fire was turned all the way up. I have not used the stove much in the last 5 years but I did move it from one house to another this year. It has been working fine for about the last 2-3 weeks . Anyway back to the subject at hand . I have figured out that the board is sending power to the blower and that it is not working so I figure after 15 years it has probably gone bad . What I need to know is will it be ok to run the stove with just the one blower going or will it get to hot???? I will only try to run it today when I can watch the top blower to make sure it is going to come on. The tag on the side of the stove says model is 25-pdv and serial # is whi-002556 manufacture date was 9/94. Also where is the best place to buy the replacement blower ? I found one on the web for 130.00 is this a good price?

Thanks for your time

Dan Kleinman

It's not recommended by Englander to run the stove with one blower because of a possible overheat condition. The price od $130 sounds reasonable for a blower motor. You my want to see if a local HVAC shop has a fan that will work for you as well.

dans3kgt said:
Also where is the best place to buy the replacement blower ? I found one on the web for 130.00 is this a good price? ....
Dan, if you're a little handy w/ tools, you might try buying just the motor, if your sure it's shot. Places like Grainger are good sometimes for replacement motors. Either bring the whole motor/blower in with you, or at least copy the motor info off the label, if it has one.

Another place you might want to try is here:
www.electricmotorwarehouse.com/fireplace.htm

Try and buy it locally first . If you order it on the net you could be waiting for a month for it to come . I would 't run with out it .

Status
Not open for further replies.