Help with Austroflamm auger motor replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcvaughn

Jan 23, 2009
Central NY
Help! I’ve purchased a new auger motor for my Austroflamm Integra, but can’t remove the old one. I’ve loosened the set screw on the collar over the shaft, but the shaft will not slide out with moderate pressure applied. I don’t want to force it if there’s something I’m missing. My dealer is closed now, and I really would like to do this tonight rather than having to wait to call him tomorrow. Any help out there for me?

Thanks!

Since you loosened the set screw, does the auger motor shaft turn at least a little bit?

Not 100% sure this will solve it, but some set screws have to be taken almost all the way out to allow the motor to be slid off. Try that.

If that doesn't work, try a little WD-40 or PB Blaster (rust remover) spray.

You will need to completely remove the allen head set screw. Remove collar from auger shaft(push down towards motor). pull motor out of auger shaft, you can give it a good pull. The motor is broken already and you aren't going to break the auger. Spin the auger a few times and vacuum out the auger tube(from inside the hopper). Install collar and new motor. Enjoy a few more years of trouble free operation.

I gave it a shot of penetrating oil and let it sit all night, and this morning, with the confidence that I could give it a little force without breaking something, it came right off.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.