Help with blower thermostat.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nhburnguy

Nov 27, 2013
Hey Everyone.

Having a frustrating problem with my Timberwolf EPI22 insert. The blower will only turn on in about 10 minute intervals which is very frustrating because I am not getting as much hot air into the room as I could if it would stay on for an extended period.
Here is what I think the problem is. The thermostat rests on the back of the blower housing. There is an air gap in between the housing and the stove as seen in the pictures. There is no way to make this gap any smaller due to the mounting bracket for the blower. Even if I take the bracket off (which i tried yesterday) the blower housing won't come in contact with the stove.
I think when the blower turns on, it is cooling down the thermostat and therefore shutting it off. I know if I could somehow get the back of the blower housing to come in contact with the stove it would probably stay on.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance for the replys!
Nick

Attachments

• photo 1(1).JPG
    photo 1(1).JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 417
  • photo 2(1).JPG
    photo 2(1).JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 400
Hmm. Your logic is probably sound. I've seen this happen on other units.
I think the FIRST thing I'd try would be to block that gap so the cooler air
won't affect the thermodisk (if that's what actuates your blower).
A magnet, aluminum tape or a small wedge of steel should work.

Thanks @DAKSY. Your advice is much appreciated. I went out and got some magnets this morning to fill in the gap. We will see how that works when I fire up the stove tonight.

Reactions: DAKSY
Status
Not open for further replies.