Help with Elmira Stoveworks insert

mark20 Posted By mark20, Dec 7, 2005 at 6:52 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark20

    New Member 2.

    Dec 7, 2005
    Thank you for all you previous replys.

    I am resending this question ( I did not see the 1st one post on the site...if it did.... sorry )

    I am thinking of buying wood burning insert ( on-line )under the name Elmira Stoveworks ( used to be manufactured by Hearthland Stoves)
    Size is 27" w x 22" h x 18" d

    My concern is with the flue location. Does anyone know if the flue sits on a flat top or is the back of the unit sloped at 45 degrees?
    If on top, an off-set box may not fit into the space between the top of the insert & the lintal....or will the flue outlet be located sufficiently back into/near the damper area for a direct connection to a flex SS liner?

    If the back of the the unit has a flue connection that is problem then to direct connect to the flex SS liner.

    Thank you.
  2. annette

    Member 2.

    Nov 19, 2005
    the Indiana Riviera
    Hopefully you've been able to contact the seller to get this info, but I found a very convoluted way for you to (maybe) get the information you need. Have you found this information?:

    "If you have an Elmira woodstove or insert and you need parts, please call us at: 1-800-295-8498 and ask for the woodstove department. Try to have your model number (not the WH#-a number like 900, 1100, or 1600) ready when you call to speed the ordering process. If you can't figure out the model of your stove, Click Here:

    (To get to "click here", go to . Then click on Contact and Information, then under Contact Options, choose Woodstove Parts Questions.)

    "Before calling Elmira to order woodstove parts, please Identify Your Elmira Woodstove Model (see below)
    The parts ordering process will be expedited if you can determine your model before calling. When you are ready to order, or if you have any questions please call us at (800) 295-8498. "

    Good luck!
  3. Woodburner

    New Member 2.

    Nov 21, 2005
    Arlington, VA
    I used to be a sales rep for Elmira. They stopped selling their inserts in the US in about 1989 as they couldn't make it past the EPA requirements. They were available in Canada for a few years after that. Hearthland Appliance bought out the cookstove divison of the company in 1990, but never had the inserts or free-standing stoves.

    The answer to your question about the flue collar will depend on which model you are buying. Most had the flue comng off the back at an angle. A couple of them came off the top.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page