Help with heat n glo 7000tr-dsi

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TorturedSOUL

Dec 21, 2016
California
Hi I have a 7000tr-dsi natural gas and it shuts off after about 2 seconds. The DSI box does a double blink error (5 min safety shutoff). I replaced the ignitor and vacuumed everything but the problem remains. It does look like the ignitor never stops sparking then it shuts off.

I've read (on this forum) if you replace the ignitor/probe you need to replace the DSI box but for me it seems like it is working ok(e.g throwing status and error codes). Is there another way to tell if the dsi box has failed? It's about 250 online (so was the ignitor/probe)

The initial flame seems pretty week too and doesn't really stick around the ignitor/probe. I've vacuumed and also taken the "flame tray" out and used an air compressor to clean out. Would the glo embers maybe help keep the flame around the ignitor a little more robustly? Is there an easy way to test the gas pressure out (or into) the valve or a way to adjust the gas?

Service calls in my area (California) are $400 so obviously trying to save a few but also don't want to blindly replace parts.

I've had the unit for about 10 years and the problem has gotten progressively worse. In the past sometimes the flame would hold (why I thought the ignitor was bad...or I would Vacum the unit and clean the ignitor)

Thanks!

Just in case anyone stumbles upon this thread, I ended up replacing the dsi ignitor and control, cleaned and vacuumed the entire fireplace, and added new embers. It seems to have fixed the problem with my DSI/electronic ignition/no pilot lite heat n glo fireplace shutting off after about 3 seconds. W00t

Status
Not open for further replies.