Help with outside air kit for harman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Zackwbutler

Feb 7, 2021
New York
I recently bought a refurbished harman p61 from a local dealer. They sold me a icc thimble kit that has built in fresh air hookup. The fresh air hook up is 3” with 3” piping but the harman is 2 1/2 ish or so. I can’t figure out how to hook this up

Don't know where in NY you are, but Best Fire in Troy sells a Harman Adapter for that connection.
(518)687-2388

Pick up a 2 1/2” to 3” car exhaust adapter, Pet Boys etc, it’ll bolt right on with a worm clamp

On my p61A, I slipped it on to make sure it fit, then took my grinder with a cutting wheel and made a 1”slit 180 degrees from each other, then used a worm clamp to attach it to the stove

On my p61A, I slipped it on to make sure it fit, then took my grinder with a cutting wheel and made a 1”slit 180 degrees from each other, then used a worm clamp to attach it to the stove
Thank you for that! I think that’s the route I’m going. I’ll pick it up tomorrow. You just cut a straight line down one inch on two spots? Just so the clamp can compress the pipe?

Reactions: Ssyko and Washed-Up
Yes, directly across from each other, it gives enough room to make a good seal when you clamp it.

Reactions: Ssyko
Yes, directly across from each other, it gives enough room to make a good seal when you clamp it.
The adapter wouldn’t fit over my fresh air inlet sticking out of the back of the stove. So I slit it like you said and bent it in a little. Pounded it into the piece off the back of the stove, then self tapping screwed them together. I don’t like it so I’m searching for another alternative.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Did you get a 2” OD or a 2” ID, maybe a 2 1/4” adapter then? You may need to measure the outside diameter (OD) of your intake pipe and go from there.

Odd that it didn’t fit, my apologies. If you measure the diameter with a caliper or best you can with a measuring tape, that will give you the proper ID of 2? To 3” adapter