Help with Ravelli 100 classic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

elizabethp

Nov 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Hi there,
We bought a house that has a Ravelli 100 classic and although we've been scouring the manual, have some questions. The first night it worked fine. Then today we had a situation where the stove seemed to run and run, never going into modulation mode...the sensor console was unchecked. So we checked it (having misread the manual) and then the screen temp went up to 80 and the set temp was 71. We put it in self regulation mode and it shut down.

Any idea why these things happened? What the optimal settings are? Also do you recommend the climate control? Or the self regulating module being on?

Thanks, I've searched high and low for any answers.

Last edited:
Are you using the temp. sensor that is mounted on the back of the stove

If the room sensor was checked I believe it was running in tstat mode and was using the control panel to sense the temperature in the room. When running a Ravelli in tstat mode you would need to set the temperature also. If it went to a default temp, it will try to heat the space to the set temp. I would also recommend not using the control panel as a tstat as it gives faulty readings being so close to the heat exchanger. I would use the sensor located on the back of the stove.

Yes that is correct, unchecking the box sets the default tstat to the back of the stove. I like the Ravelli and the function of the climate control. Is there something specific about it that your looking for?

Yes that is correct, unchecking the box sets the default tstat to the back of the stove. I like the Ravelli and the function of the climate control. Is there something specific about it that your looking for?
No, I'm just trying to figure out best operation. In the book it says climate control wears out parts quicker. Right now we're just using it to warm the place for a few hours as supplement to oil.
So appreciate the input!! Happy Thanksgiving weekend, all.

The eco-clima mode shuts down the stove when the room temperature exceeds the setpoint temperature. When the room temp drops a few degrees below the setpoint, the stove restarts. If you don't use the eco-clima mode, the stove never goes out, it just throttles down to the lowest burn level (Power=1) when the room temp exceeds the setpoint. Using eco-clima can better regulate the room temperature, especially if it not that cold outside, but it causes more ON/OFF cycles of the ignitor. The ignitor has just so many times it can turn-on, before it breaks.

I like eco climate during the spring and fall when the stove only needs to run for a few hours per day. Once we get into the main heating season i wouldn't run it in eco climate as I like the constant heat. I've never done the math but I'm sure it less expensive to let the pellets run rather than firing the igniter over and over as it does suck quite a bit of electricity to fire the igniter.

Same here I use eco stop when it's above freezing but once the temps drop below freezing I just run on manual 1

The electricity to fire the igniter is pennys...it only draws about 300W for about 5 minutes....the much more significant cost factor is that you will be replacing the ignitor sooner, if you use the eco-stop /eco-clima mode.

I just bought the ravelli rv100 classic a few weeks ago. As others have said the manual sure needs some American input. I love the stove which replaced my Enviro mini. The Enviro mini was really great but I wanted something with a little more BTU and built-in thermostat. You can hook a thermostat to the mini but it turns the stove on and off more like eco mode on the ravelli. My only real complaint about the ravelli is in Chronostat mode. I would like to run at 66 degrees between 11:30 p.m. and 6 a.m. and then go to 72 degrees from 6 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. . I did set it up this way but the issue is due to the overlapping time the stove would turn off and not come back on. So the way I have it now is I run at 66 degrees at 11:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. and then the second Chrono program is from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. I could not find a way as a continuous run in Chrono stat without having the stove shut down between the times specified. So I set the start and stop times between the programs off by 30 minutes to allow the stove to shut off and then start back up to to obtain the temperature I wanted. Would be nice if the stove allowed you to set temperatures for times that would be continuous for 24 hours without shutting the stove down between temperature settings.

I have a Rivelli rv 100 classic, and the door glass cracked in half. I can't figure out how to remove the old glass. I took out the six screws on the back of the door, but the glass still won't come out. Anybody have any experience with this? Thanks Jim