Help with stove I.D. please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TinkerXBell

Feb 28, 2023
Cochrane Alberta
Hi all. I'm new to this forum and am hoping for some help with my stove identification. Unfortunately, we cannot locate any manufacturer info on the unit at all - there are no markings, tags, or plates. We're in the process of completing our installation and have been told that for our inspection, we need the manufacturer/model information. We're in Alberta (Canada) and hope someone out there has run across this unit before and may have some info to share.

I only have the one picture for now, but can get more (and measure if that helps) when I'm back at our site on the weekend.

Thanks for looking.

Stove1.jpg

It looks like a big beastie. Is there no label at all on the back of the stove?

Just speculating if this was a predecessor to the large Haugh S244. Does it have a baffle and/or secondary air system?

Just speculating if this was a predecessor to the large Haugh S244. Does it have a baffle and/or secondary air system?
Baffle? Sorry, I'm very new to this and am not sure what that is. There are two adjustable air intake (I'm assuming) openings - one beneath the door, and a box on the right side of the unit. This picture I'm attaching is of a very similar unit I just found online (but with no manufacturer info available). This one, unlike mine, is an insert though - but appears to be of the same timeframe and manufacturer. It shows the same handle below the door like mine, and the box on the left side is just like mine (but mine is on the right side).

Stove - not mine.png

Just looked up what a baffle is - I think yes, it has a baffle, but I'll check with my husband - he'll know for sure. The manual for the Century S224E (which I think is the new version of the Haugh S244) looks very similar.