Help with woodstove i.d.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodmeister

Nov 2, 2008
lower ct. river
I know a picture would be more helpful -but - it's black with two doors that open from the front with the stovepipe on top of the stove (oval shaped ) it has four distinct brass type ornamental balls on the top of the four corners of the stove. Sound familiar?

The version of a Franklin designed by U.S. Stove back in the seventies and sold by the thousands by Montgomery Ward and Sears during the oil crunch back then.

Sounds just like the one We had in the house when I was in High School. It was a decent stove and kept the house warm. Keeping it fed was my first experience with a wood stove.
If I remember right it like a 16" log and it would really put out the heat. While no match for a modern design it was pretty controllable.
We would open the doors and kept a chain link fireplace screen in front of the doors. We would also roast marshmallows and hot dogs over the coals.

Status
Not open for further replies.