Helped a neighbor.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Yesterday was hot, but not as hot as today. So I went on a bike ride late morning. Got back around 1:30-2:00. Wife said a neighbor came to borrow an axe. Seems he got his saw hung. She told him to take the cant hook too. When I got home I got on the atv and went to investigate.

He got the saw out okay and there were two of them cutting up a white oak top (had done some logging). they were cutting in lengths that they could carry to the trailer and the trailer had to be a bit further than they wanted because of loose sand and getting stuck.

So, I asked if they had a chain and they did. I then hauled out several logs so they would not have to carry them. Naturally they cut some longer ones for me to haul out. Got the job done.

(Actually this fellow is not a neighbor but owns some land next to us). But here is the catch. He is a minister and was cutting wood for one of his congregation. He does this annually to help the guy out. Tis okay, and I did not say anything but..... The oak was cut about a month ago. The wood will be burned this coming winter. Did he really help the guy? I do plan on bringing this up to him when others are not around. I think he would do much better to cut dead stuff like he normally does.

Your a Good helping neighbor Dennis....

I wish I lived closer to you. If I am ever up at one our Customers near Saginaw or Flint, I will definitely be stopping by to chat ;)

Keep up the good work! :)

It's always nice to be able to lend a hand! Alot of people wouldn't even bother to go see if they needed help. Kudos to you!

Dexter, you are always welcome. Let me know if and when you come this way.

Golf, that is a new twist with me teaching the minister. ;lol Lord knows he can teach me more than I can teach him. His father also was a minister and he has a couple brothers too so it runs in the family.

Reactions: DexterDay
lol!

Thou shall not bear false seasoned wood to thy neighbor.
Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wood stacks.
Really!!!! That's no good, I do that all the time>> Good job Dennis.

Helping out neighbors is a good feeling & usually pays you back in many ways.

Your "Good deed for the day" !

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Good job Denny. Get him cutting the dead stuff, and explain to him to hold out on the green.

KC

Status
Not open for further replies.