Here are the hackberry rounds

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KYrob

Jan 8, 2010
KY
Also, what kind of tree is this?

Rob

Attachments

• 2010_0410Image0043.jpg
    2010_0410Image0043.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 374
  • 2010_0410Image0006.jpg
    2010_0410Image0006.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 359
Hackberry is a good firewood, burns long with good coals but can be a pain to split.

Can't tell what kind of tree, can you get a better pic of the leaves?

Get a better pic of the leaves but my first guess maple?

Here's a couple pics of the rounds with bark on. The first is the ash and the second is from the tree in the first post of a type of oak, I think anyway.

Rob

Attachments

• 2010_0410Image0008.jpg
    2010_0410Image0008.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 355
  • 2010_0410Image0009.jpg
    2010_0410Image0009.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 332
KYrob said:
Here's a couple pics of the rounds with bark on. The first is the ash and the second is from the tree in the first post of a type of oak, I think anyway.

Rob

White oak

KYrob said:

Rob

Methinks that is a strange looking ash you have there. Not white ash.

Backwoods Savage said:
KYrob said:

Rob

Methinks that is a strange looking ash you have there. Not white ash.

+1 The ash looks very unash compared to stuff I have.

In the second set of pics the first pic looks like the wood in the original pics.
The 2nd pic in second set looks some what like apple.

The wood in the 1st pic looks like the hickory I just split.

First picture looks like cottonwood to me. I got some by accident from my wood person. Does it smell like manure?

yeh +1 on not like any ash i've ever seen. Me thinks some type of popple but the bark is quite thick? The right pic umm dunno,where's approximateLEE?

Status
Not open for further replies.