Here Comes The Caterpillars!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
quads said:
I sure love that 30 year old family heirloom maul. I'm having it buried with me when I die. Not kidding, it's in my will.
IMG_6902.jpg

I know that I made reference to a "30 year old family heirloom maul" in another thread. I'm sure that you have a fine tool there and don't blame you for wanting to take it with you. I made that reference, not to disrespect you or your beloved maul, but to comment on how some are too quick to right off as no good a tool they have never used.
Happy splitting. :)

Something doesn't look quite right about that maul. Are you sure the head isn't on backwards? The "beard" looks to be facing the wrong way.

Flatbedford said:
I know that I made reference to a "30 year old family heirloom maul" in another thread. I'm sure that you have a fine tool there and don't blame you for wanting to take it with you. I made that reference, not to disrespect you or your beloved maul, but to comment on how some are too quick to right off as no good a tool they have never used.
Happy splitting. :)
No disrespect taken! Thanks!

LLigetfa said:
Something doesn't look quite right about that maul. Are you sure the head isn't on backwards? The "beard" looks to be facing the wrong way.
Beats me, could be! Maybe that's why it works so well? I put the replacement handle on it over 25 years ago, most likely drunk!

Status
Not open for further replies.