Here's one for you techie/engineers-Are You Smarter Than A Sixth Grader?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome !

Either that kid is the smartest sixth grader in the USA or he had some serious "help" with his homework....If it's the former, he should have a very bright future ahead and should be running the R&D;department at a major woodstove manufacturer by the time he graduates high school.

FB in Vt.

Fixedblade said:
Either that kid is the smartest sixth grader in the USA or he had some serious "help" with his homework....If it's the former, he should have a very bright future ahead and should be running the R&D;department at a major woodstove manufacturer by the time he graduates high school.

FB in Vt.

And should be able to pass college senior English this year.

extremely well done especially for a kid of his age. incomplete but only due to not having differing variables such as other roooms to perform the same tasks to compare results , his conclusion proves that in the installation he tested his data is supportive , but could be totally different in a different layout such as a standard room with 8 ft ceilings (which we do not know for certain). that said , its still fantastic work and worthy of praise.

Incredible work for 6th grade though would have a few 'quirks' if viewed from a professional level - but amazing none the less.

It would be interesting to see how this plays out over a whole house scenario - as this is what I've said for years: If you want the heat mixed up good in the stove room, run the ceiling fan - if you want it to flow out to the rest of the house, use fans to establish a flow out across the ceiling and back toward the stove across the floor. This is the only way I can get heat to my bedroom which is 60' away from the stove on the opposite end of the house. If I turn on a ceiling fan, the 'river of air' flowing across the ceiling and floor is destroyed and the stove room gets really warm while the rest of the house cools. Of course, vaulted ceilings, stair ways or offset floor levels add to the complexity.

I think I was out that day.
Dad and uncle Ron did a good job getting me caught up though.
I especially love the nested for next loops
Dad and uncle Ron contaminated the test case by not reversing the ceiling fan to the clockwise position so it did not blow the air down.
This fact was admitted in their results.
Very interesting reading for a geek like me though the sensor appliance they built is way over my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.