Heritage for my house?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Enplater

Burning Hunk
Jun 6, 2017
NH
I came across this Hearthstone for $600 asking. I was thinking about putting it on the main floor of my 1510 sqft colonial house. My question is can anyone tell me about what year that stove is and if it’s any good? Also is it a good stove for heating or just ambiance? I’ve read they take forever to heat up and don’t put out heat like a steel stove. I read they have bad hinges or something like that. I have an Englander 30 but I think it would be way too much stove for the main floor of my 1500 sqft house, it’s in the mostly uninsulated basement right now and does a decent job of heating as long as the blower is going.
What else can be recommended for stoves rated to about 2000 sqft that’s affordable. I think this would be a 2.0-2.5 sqft firebox. Also I prefer to load N/S.
Thanks for your replies.

E89767E8-D467-4067-B68A-BDB3A3E7AC34.png

I had one like that, it was new in 2007. It was supposed to be 2.3 cubic feet but hearthstone lies. It was about 1.7 cubic feet. Small. It’s half the stove the nc30 is.

The asking price is low. Probably because it’s worn out. The hinges and latches suck. Once they go, it’s a major rebuild to make it safe again.

The heritage heated well once you got it warmed up and it always looked good.

Thanks Highbeam, I think I’m going to pass on this stove even though it might be a good deal, probably not worth the headache.