Hey Mike or others/PDV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EWILT

Dec 5, 2007
Wyoming
I have a 25 PDV purchased last year (Oct). Mike and the fellows at Englander got me real close to a perfect burn last year. We played with the settings and changed to a 3 inch OAK. This stove is close but I think more tuning is needed. I get a filled up burn pot after 6 hours. I'm wondering if I should adjust the plate inside the hopper. Could there be too much feed coming down the auger? The stove burns better when the Wyoming wind blows direct into the vent from the outside...we have adjusted all the settings last year and it seems like it's still not burning to the fullest capacity. It's that time of year boyz fire up them stoves. Thanks for all the advanced help as my wife has once again started to call me a "pellet head" again.

Eric

Have you tried closing the plate in the hopper all the way? This will decrease the amount of pellets dropped into the auger(s).

As rap69ri said, try closing the restrictor plate and make sure the stove is clean. Correct fuel feed plus proper air flow means good combustion. Don't forget to check the small grate on the outside of your OAK. I use a small wire brush and a toothbrush to clean mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.