Hi folks, me again. As I promised earlier, here are some pics of my setup...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with the Escalade workbench though????
I do the same. I don't need to sweep the saw dust if I make the mess outside. Not to mention the dust spreads through out the whole house when I cut indoors. Never anything in the truck bed and the tailgate is always free(of unfinished projects=unlike my work bench-can't even see it anymore!).

Reactions: The Village Idiot
Outstanding setup, love the stove and the bin!!!

What's up with the Escalade workbench though????

Ya, the Caddy workbench, I know. My defense regarding that is that it was a beautiful day up here in Canada on Saturday (when I did the pellet cleaner project) so I wanted to take advantage of that and work outside under the Sun.
Also, I didn't want to make a mess in the garage, so in this case the Caddy played second-fiddle to the pellet crib. :)

Sweet set-up. I looked at the hearthstone pellet stove before deciding on a Harman P61A. For some reason the dealer I bought my Harman from also sells Hearthstone wood and gas stoves but NOT their pellet stoves. I think your unit may be the nicest looking pellet stove on the market and I really love the soapstone "surround" it comes equipped with. You have a very nice home as well.

Does the air come from the top of the unit (convection blower). Looks to be the only place that air could come from?

Does the air come from the top of the unit (convection blower). Looks to be the only place that air could come from?

Hi Dex,

Yes, exactly, the convection air emanates from the front-top of the unit. It comes out at roughly a 60 degree angle from the floor, give-or-take an angle. The soapstone continues to radiate it's collected heat as well, for several hours after the stove has gone flame-out.

Thank you again, DexterDay, for your efforts in getting me off the ground with the pellet cleaner, it is appreciated.

Steven

Reactions: DexterDay
That is a sweet setup. I won't be showin' the missus the pellet chest until I have time to build one.

Pellet Cleaner. Pellet Sifter.

Attachments

• Cell Phone Pics 406.jpg
    Cell Phone Pics 406.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 386
  • Cell Phone Pics 332.jpg
    Cell Phone Pics 332.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 392
  • Cell Phone Pics 357.jpg
    Cell Phone Pics 357.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 393
  • Cell Phone Pics 427.jpg
    Cell Phone Pics 427.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 412
  • Cell Phone Pics 386.jpg
    Cell Phone Pics 386.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 386
  • Cell Phone Pics 423.jpg
    Cell Phone Pics 423.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 374
  • Cell Phone Pics 438.jpg
    Cell Phone Pics 438.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 387
  • Cell Phone Pics 446.jpg
    Cell Phone Pics 446.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 400
  • Cell Phone Pics 448.jpg
    Cell Phone Pics 448.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 413
  • Cell Phone Pics 379.jpg
    Cell Phone Pics 379.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 319
The pellet vac will drastically reduce the fines sailing around the room. My wife has OCD on keeping a clean house, and I am not too good at putting things away.

I guess I am a little envious of the neatness of your garage. Mine right now is loaded with Generators ans snow throwers. Hurricane Sandy followed by a snow storm...

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.