High power (500W equivalent) LED in warm white?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Swamp_Yankee

Oct 18, 2018
Hunterdon County, NJ
I'm almost finished with a lamp post I started putting together recently-we live about a 1/4 mile off of the county road so it gets pretty dark back here:

wPOnwlP.jpg

I installed this 500W equivalent (100W) LED "corncob" light and it provides plenty of light but its a cool blue light rather than a warm white light:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Feit-El...en-Utility-Light-Bulb-C10000-5K-LED/300059562

I'd really prefer warm white, but can't seem to find one anywhere. If I do find one I'll simply put this one inside the barn. I just feel as though the warm white light would look better on the house.

This is the only one I’ve seen recently. I have a feeling finding more of these types is hard due to people wanting a bright light for parking lots and buildings not decorations. I have no clue on reliability I just came across this one the other day and not sure what base you need either.

MBO E26 LED Light Bulb 80W High Power Corn Light 400-600W Equivalent 2700k Warm White 10000LM Metal Halide Replacement AC85-265V https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078X82G6N/?tag=hearthamazon-20

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25

Reactions: Swamp_Yankee
This is the only one I’ve seen recently. I have a feeling finding more of these types is hard due to people wanting a bright light for parking lots and buildings not decorations. I have no clue on reliability I just came across this one the other day and not sure what base you need either.

MBO E26 LED Light Bulb 80W High Power Corn Light 400-600W Equivalent 2700k Warm White 10000LM Metal Halide Replacement AC85-265V https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078X82G6N/?tag=hearthamazon-20

Thanks! I looked all over Amazon and didn't manage to find that one. I'm going to give it a shot.

Might you also consider a motion detector on the lamp? It further reduces electricity use and our county sheriff recommends this over a light that is on dusk to dawn, like with many yard lights. He says the yard lights just light up the area making it easier for intruders to snoop around without using a flashlight, and that a motion detector light provides light when needed and also functions a bit as an alarm when it lights unexpectedly. After this advice we switched all of our outdoor lights to motion detector activated.

Might you also consider a motion detector on the lamp? It further reduces electricity use and our county sheriff recommends this over a light that is on dusk to dawn, like with many yard lights. He says the yard lights just light up the area making it easier for intruders to snoop around without using a flashlight, and that a motion detector light provides light when needed and also functions a bit as an alarm when it lights unexpectedly. After this advice we switched all of our outdoor lights to motion detector activated.

I'm in the process of installing a Caseta (Lutron) wireless system to control a lot of the lighting in and around the house. The Caseta system has a geofencing feature which will automatically turn the light on when one of our phones gets within a certain distance of the house and then turn it off after a preset amount of time. Caseta also works with Alexa, when I inevitably forget to turn it off and am already laying in bed I can just say "Alexa, turn off the front door light..."