High temp WiFi sensor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tonty

Feeling the Heat
Jul 24, 2017
Kansas
Does anyone know of a high (at least 1,200 F) WiFi sensor/thermometer with data logging? I use a UbiBot sensor package on my Switzer boiler, but the highest temp probe they sell goes to 752F or so. I’m contemplating adding a sensor to a place on my boiler that I’m certain is well over that. I can find sensor/thermometer packages that go that high, but they aren’t WiFi.

Last edited:
What do you have it connected to? I’m looking for not just a probe. I would like a WiFi controller that it goes on.

regardless of what you end up with, at those sustained temps and corrosive atmosphere, you should have a ceramic sheath to cover the sensor from direct flame. Omega sells also. Doubt there’s a cheap reliable way around this, other than possibly a wireless data logger.

I am using this.

These guys have a reliable system that uses Omega probes.

a screenshot of my setup.

39F281D8-DB22-4E43-B7F8-700B584004BA.png

Last edited:
I am using this.

These guys have a reliable system that uses Omega probes.

a screenshot of my setup.

View attachment 293322
Thank you for your info. Which Fireboard device do you use? The ones I have looked at say that max temp is 752, but obviously that is either wrong or I haven’t found the correct one yet. Thanks again!

Omega uses type k thermocouples, so you would need this from FireBoard.

This one goes to 2100 degrees.

Last edited: