High valley 2500 no air flow.. Video included

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lovedafire

Jan 5, 2018
OK... So here is my setup.

Older high valley 2500 bought used. Its clean and looks amazing.

Had to use a offset chimney adapter for the 8 inch steel liner. See Pic.
1000004610.jpg

Just did a test burn with card board and if I close the door everything goes out very quickly. See video. No air

Liner is new and about 16 feet tall in old farmhouse with a clay chimney liner. No room for a insulated blanket. Liner is 8 inches.

All of the air controls were fully open

Whats wrong?

1000004610.jpg

Had to use a offset chimney adapter for the 8 inch steel liner. See Pic.View attachment 325108

Just did a test burn with card board and if I close the door everything goes out very quickly. See video. No air

Liner is new and about 16 feet tall in old farmhouse with a clay chimney liner. No room for a insulated blanket. Liner is 8 inches.

Whats wrong?

View attachment 325107
Also getting smoke for the convection air vents.. Also, Currently the blower is not installed.

Had to use a offset chimney adapter for the 8 inch steel liner. See Pic.View attachment 325108

Whats wrong?

View attachment 325107
Probably to much restriction in the offset box. Also the cardboard Probably is not enough sustained btu output to establish good draft

Was worried about that with the offset box.. If that's the case why do they sell them?
No idea. I am pretty sure there aren't any that are ul listed anyway

No idea. I am pretty sure there aren't any that are ul listed anyway
I did another burn with normal wood.. More btu.. Same result... I'm gonna pull the Cat and see what condition it's in... What would my other options be for getting the liner connected.

I did another burn with normal wood.. More btu.. Same result... I'm gonna pull the Cat and see what condition it's in... What would my other options be for getting the liner connected.
Can't really take out more brick without compromising structure of the chimney

From that pic not many options other than removing the whole back wall to get the insert back further. Which may or may not be possible. The cat shouldn't matter with the bypass open but should have been checked and pro ably replaced to start with