Highway robbery on I-190/I-290 in Worcester Mass this afternoon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushfire

Burning Hunk
Nov 19, 2005
Kennett Square, PA
Right where I-190 becomes I-290 in Worcester, MA I saw an industrious fellow bucking up the wood the highway dept. had recently dropped on the "on-ramp/off-ramp". Anybody out there guilty? :zip:

Blue overalls and a pick-up truck.

Would have done the same myself, but I get pretty much all the free wood I want from another source, which I can not divulge.

Dylan said:
Very confusing post....sorry.

Its one of those "you had to be there" posts. If you haven't driven I-290 in the last month, it doesn't make sense.

The highway department has been felling trees along the shoulder of the road between Worcester and the northern end of 290. Its mostly brush and pine, but there are some decent size oak and maple trees every few hundred yards along the side of the road. They are all destined for a giant grinder. I myself was eyeing them for firewood a few weeks ago, but I wasn't crazy enough to stop along the side of the interstate.

My bad - sorry if it was confusing. With all the discussions of scrounging for wood on this forum, I was just wondering if the person doing the bucking was one of us. The guilty comment was tonuge in cheek. Yes, the written word can sometimes be confusing.

I know who is doing that job on 290 and 190. I wouldn't make a mess out of his piles of brush and wood. He will not be happy. He can be a grumpy old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.