History of the Eagles Tour 2013

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAKSY

Full Time RVer
Staff member
Dec 2, 2008
Wherever we're parked
Put a dent in the Bucket List last nite. Saw The Eagles for the first time. Took Susan, my youngest daughter & her boyfriend down to Bethel Woods Center for the Arts (think Woodstock - 1969) & joined in with 15000 other fans in a 3+ hour sing-along. It was pretty cool. Had lawn tix & we stood the entire time watching the big screens & enjoying the evening. I was a little disappointed that "James Dean" (song 1/side 2/album 3 - "On The Border") was left out, as it's one of my faves, but they did a really good chronological rendition of their hits. Bernie Leadon was on stage, too, & they even got Joe Walsh to Rock out on "Funk 49," the old James Gang number... 3 - 4 encores & I think it left the entire crowd feeling as good as I was. Might not be able to pass a Pee Test from the contact high, & not getting to bed til about 2 AM left me a little beat, but all-in-all it was a great time...

Awesome. I have never been much of a concert go-er. I am more of a song "purest" for most stuff. I will admit to going to a BB King concert and one for Johnny Lang when he first started out. Just too cool to watch a 17 year old kid in bare feet sing to the point that BB King says "The only problem with that boy is that he is too good".

nice. I am off to see Jake Shimabukuro tonite. He plays the ukulele like no other. Next week is John Butler Trio.

Reactions: PapaDave
Don't let the sound of your own wheels make you crazy.

Sounds like a great time Daks.

Reactions: PapaDave and DAKSY
126+/- Miles from home. 2.5 hours without traffic & getting off at exit 19...Course the last 10 miles were whacked... 1.25 hours to get that part done...Tough on the clutch...
17B is always a parking lot whenever they have an event at Bethel. My buddy lives up that way and he has at times been unable to get home without waiting in the jam.

Reactions: DAKSY
Status
Not open for further replies.