Hitzer furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vermontt

Apr 1, 2008
VT
Moved into our first house the past fall, and finally got around to organizing the basement last night. In doing so, I discovered that the big hunk of metal sitting next to our gas furnace is a Hitzer furnace (not sure if wood or coal). THe house was built in 78 and was originally electric heat. A natural gas forced hot air furnace was installed in 1986. I have no idea when the Hitzer was put in, I assume some time after the forced air furnace. Now that I know what this thing is, what should I do with it. Keep it in case I ever decide to hook it back up, or try and sell it? I have no idea what it is worth. It looks exactly like the new Hitzer furnaces I see advertised. Is there a certain place I should look for model numbers?

Thanks for any thoughts or advice you might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.