Hmmm......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northwoodneil

Feeling the Heat
Feb 10, 2012
Land of Cheese
I had the back of the stove off to clean the fan and while I was at it I did the vacume tube check. I unplugged one of the wires on the vac switch but forgot to reattatch. Just turned the stove on and it took right off. Burning great. :eek:_g Do I have a vac switch shorted out in the closed position or am missing something here?

if the switch has one terminal that is unplugged, it should not be running. Unless the female plug is so close to the male plug that it is aching over, possible. I have never seen that before. Those contacts don't touch unless the switch closes.<>

Well it was off (the wire) but it's back on now. I don't know why I didn't just ohm out the switch when I had the back of the stove off. It's either a stuck switch or a short, I can open the door and the auger keeps on turning. Something is wrong. I don't know how long it's been doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.