Home Depot pellet price increase

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, just sit on your hands. ...
It's just a supply and demand thing and don't pay any attention to the noise
and speculation that buzzes around.

Three of the suppliers we get products from, have already said the prices are going up later on..
Hard to believe it is only us that is getting an increase.
So... if local dealers pay more, I'm not sure how that is going to 'lower' retail prices.
(Again... please remember, these comments I give,
are NOT to be confused with how BBS do business. Different animal.)
So you may indeed be able to still get the BBS pellets for $259 maybe less in October (around here).

Keep in mind that there are a variety of consumers out there.
While many are strictly price conscious, there is a large segment that
don't balk at reasonable prices, for something other than BBS stuff.
And then there are some that don't mind spending 400+ for Doug Fir..
(We have had inquires on those, and will probably have some soon..)

The reason I commented on your post, is to give an alternate view.
Not to dispute yours. ;)

Dan

Three of the suppliers we get products from, have already said the prices are going up later on..
So... if local dealers pay more, I'm not sure how that is going to 'lower' retail prices.
So you may indeed be able to still get the BBS pellets for $259 maybe less in October (around here).

Not to dispute yours. ;)

Dan
I can truly afford to pay 400.00+ for Doug Fir pellets but there is so much more lower priced pellets in the $250-$300 range that will do a great job of Heating with a" bit more ash"....
There really is a Big Gap between pretty much Ashless pellets like Okie Firs and Blazers and the lower end that leave Mountains of ash which is Fortunate for many who can't or Won,t go over 300.00 for pellets.
If there wasn't , we would all be buying Either Doug Firs or the mostly but not all Big Ash Pellets at Home depot, Lowes, TSC etc..

Last edited:
People buy $60k cars when they could get away with driving a 20k one. There is always a segment who will pay top dollar for something which others deem completely unnecessary. As I type away on a new laptop that does nothing more then my old one did.

Reactions: Pete Zahria
People buy $60k cars when they could get away with driving a 20k one. There is always a segment who will pay top dollar for something which others deem completely unnecessary. As I type away on a new laptop that does nothing more then my old one did.
Amen Bro.:cool:

Reactions: Pete Zahria

It's called "Treating yourself".
And there is nothing wrong with it!

Dan

It's called "Treating yourself".
And there is nothing wrong with it!

Dan
wonder if they sold a better grade of heating oil double the price would people buy it...
of course the claim would have to be "Burns Cleaner"..
"Think I'll treat myself to 6.00 Gallon fuel oil.".... just goofin here on a lazy Sunday.;lol

Reactions: Tonyray

Not to dispute yours. ;)

Dan

Hi Dan, I was expecting your post. ;) I know I wasn't as clear as I could of been. I wasn't referring to you guys at the retail end but rather at the source. They are guesstimating what the market will bear to an extent. Hypothetically, if very few orders started coming in for the 2015-2016 season, one would think they'd get the message that the threshold had been breached where folks have decided to burn oil, propane or natural gas. As demand drops, then they either must adjust their price downward or face the consequences of staring at mountains of pellets all winter. One can only hope.

You forgot self loading, stacking and cleaning.

wonder if they sold a better grade of heating oil double the price would people buy it...
of course the claim would have to be "Burns Cleaner"..
"Think I'll treat myself to 6.00 Gallon fuel oil.".... just goofin here on a lazy Sunday.;lol
You know some would, just to say they are!!

Dan

"We only burn a secret blend of select batches of West Texas Intermediate and Brent refined by Monks in a small refinery in an undisclosed location."

Reactions: Peterfield
Status
Not open for further replies.