home made witfield advantage controls

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

leaddog

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 24, 2007
Hesperia, Michigan
my control panel took a dump and a new board cost to much so I made a manual one. It works very well for my use as I don't change the pellet feed. It can be changed but takes more effort. The exhaust fan and heat fan speed are controlled with fan speed controllers, the pellet control is with a timer. 2 sec on 12 sec off and that can be changed for different rates. The on sw is connected to the power and is used to turn on the stove. I used the connector to the panel. There is a pellet sw that I use to turn the pellet feed off to turn the stove off. The power sw is connected to the blue wire for ground which is connected to the the low temp sw on the ex so when the ex temp comes up I turn it off and the stove will contiue to run untill the temp drops down due to pellet feed being turned off or running out of pellets. I tried useing a timer on it but found that if there was a power fail it would reset and start up again. so after about 10 min ;temp gets up over 120* I shut it off and it runs just like it did with the board. Total cost $10 controlers, $10 timmer, $3 sw

Attachments

• IMG_20191219_133745927_HDR[1].jpg
    IMG_20191219_133745927_HDR[1].jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 187
White wire is neutral after low limit
Blue wire is neutral
red is hot
green is hot ex fan
brown is hot augar
black is hot heat fan
red connects to fan controllers and then to black, and green
red connects to augar sw and then to timmer and then to brown
blue connects to on/off sw then to blue and white
Turn off on/off sw when temp comes up and neutral comes from low limit. stove will run untill LL closes shuting off power.
turning off augar sw will shut off stove as soon as it cools off
To start stove turn on augar and on/off sw and lite.
if power is lost stove will not start on it own as LL sw is closed
Low fan speeds can be set by taking a voltage reading at controlers. No. 1 setting was 70 volts and each speed was 12 volts higher
pellet feed can be changed by changing time of feed and dwell on controller

hope this helps

I did something very similar with a whitfield profile 30 I have in my shed. Found a seconds loop timer and hooked to the auger motor. Then a rehostat from a old enviro ef3bi for the convection blower and another rehostat on the e exhaust blower. And a 15 minute timer for auto ignition.

With the timer set at 2 seconds on and 18 seconds off it will burn about 48 hours on a 40lb bag of pellets. When I really want to get it warm in my shop I set the timer for 3 seconds on and 5-7 seconds off.

I couldn't afford a new control board either at the time and the profile 30 was my only source of heat