Honey Bear Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Agilityraven

Dec 10, 2017
Maryland
I've been mining information from this forum for years and figured I'd post my stove as a data point. It's a 1984 Honey Bear that I bought 4.5 years ago for $275, on the day I was told it'd be $4300 to replace my heat pump. Sitting in the basement, it was our only form of heat for three winters and it did great heating our 25x30 cape cod (w finished attic). I'll be cleaning it up a little this spring. Any input into the size or type of gasket, or where to get fire brick, or general recommendations or comments? Thanks! IMG_20171210_041029.jpg IMG_20171210_041049.jpg IMG_20171210_041306.jpg

I just picked up a Honey Bear today. Pedestal stove, double doors with screen and UL tags in place for $65. It was 10 miles from my house.
Anyone have an owners manual for this?

The convertible model is in the sticky section. That will have a removable pedestal.
I hope you gave that guy (or gal) a Bear hug.