Honeywell RTH2300B1012 5-2 Day Programmable Thermostat Success

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

maraakate

Sep 27, 2021
Lancaster, PA
Hey everyone,

My girlfriend got a new boiler at her house and they gave her a new thermostat. I took the old one, a Honeywell RTH2300B1012 5-2 Day programmable model, and did some basic tests with a multimeter and was pleased to see that it works just fine on my QuadraFire Santa Fe.

Hooking it up was simple, just attach one lead to the R and the other to W. I removed the R-RC jumper. I programmed the cycle mode for 12 minutes as that will give it about 5 cycles per hour. 10 minutes for the cool down and 2 additional minutes before it fires again. Has been working great.

The model is still available cheap (about ~$30) on Amazon, here's a link for those interested (NB: There is NO affiliate link) Amazon product ASIN B007BHLUWM
Hope this helps others who are looking at alternatives to the very pricey official thermostats from their stove vendors.