How many are using a programmable thermostat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Short cut for Johneh’s link i use the same picture lol
F0769DE0-759C-4324-A583-67FD273AFBF2.png

Reactions: Chris_F
Short cut for Johneh’s link i use the same picture lol
View attachment 241508
Thank you Johneh and Ssyko - I printed this for reference. This is a huge help, as previous technicians adjusted the flame to be like the one that this page says has too much air!

Just an update in case it proves useful to anyone else in a position similar to mine:

I connected a basic Lux T101141/PSM30 heat-only thermostat; set it upon the mantel about 3 feet above, 2 feet behind, and 2 feet to the left of the pellet stove; and set its cycle length to one marking under the 1.2 maximum.

I set the pelletstove on its High/Low mode. In both mid-winter cold temps and spring cool temps, the thermostat properly operated the stove within a temperature range satisfactory to me (a few degrees either way, which is about as good as can be in my drafty house). It worked fine whilst on High (level 5) mode. However, once the thermostat reached its set temperature reduced the stove to Low (level 1) mode, the stove consistently shut itself off after about 20 minutes or so. Since this same problem occurs every time this stove has ever run at level 1, the problem is nothing to do with the thermostat, which worked well.