Honeywell TH832 series

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bayfeet

Jan 12, 2009
Central Mass
I have the Honeywell th 800 series thermostat . Any idea if this can run the furnace as well as accentra insert? Tinkered around with it but did not seem to work.

I have the Honeywell th 800 series thermostat . Any idea if this can run the furnace as well as accentra insert? Tinkered around with it but did not seem to work.

I can't say for certain if you can splice the t-stat into the room probe on the insert or not, it must use gold plated terminals otherwise it causes problems for the controller on the Harman to read the temperature that the t/c sees in the room probe.

There is a thread on here about properly hooking a t-stat with a Harman.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...ur-manual-doesnt-tell-you.91030/#post-1192510

Last edited:
I have the Honeywell th 800 series thermostat . Any idea if this can run the furnace as well as accentra insert? Tinkered around with it but did not seem to work.[/quote

No gold plated terminals. I hooked it up to the t-stat and got the four blinking light signal saying no probe. I went over that thread and like you said, have to keep the probe spliced in or the 4 light blinks continue. I thought my t-stat might recognize the stove after hooking up and changing the settings on the thermostat. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.