Hope

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CARL jr

Aug 12, 2015
michigan
Hope the pellet stove thing work's out as I think it will. I am sick and tired of feeding the monster that is the outdoor woodboiler. I started out with the intention of just keeping b
My bacement a tad bit warmer for my wife. Now that the bartered Harman accentra is installed and tested I am starting to shift gears, these stoves kick butt . if I can offset ODW boiler hunger by 25 % I will be a happy camper . I have been heating my humble home with wood In, some shape of form for the better part of. 15 yrs. Take that propane guy. I had my first chain bar falure to night wow was that scary. So I am no longer a spring chick. So just wanted to say thanks for all the help I have received at this forum.this winter will be the test, my glass is always half full!!! 0925151913.jpg 0925151913.jpg

Not bad. No doctor needed. Kevlar chaps are about $50

Wow, your sooooo lucky. I'm glad you're ok. Had a friend that slipped with the saw and wound up with a ton of stitches and an 8" scar, could have been much worse but still, not good.

And steel toe boots.

Reactions: Wisneaky
I know after 15 yrs of cutting you think I would have them . I will now to close c or comfort for me .

Always have steel toes on, they free from work!!!

Glad it wasn't more serious. Enjoy the pellet stove.

Yep did that in 1987. ER and lots of stitches involved. Get those chaps.

Ok it's time to come clean I always where. My old motocross Garb under my jeans when I cut wood they vary stout garb and in this case the turn out to be a my salvation in this case. I took them off for pic to nail the point home, when I purches the new bar I will now own chaps be safe people. Thank god for Thor products.

Oohh, not good - glad it was more of a scare!

You will never have chains flying while toting 40 pound bags. I have a friend and his brother owns a tree service. I am friends with him too but rarely see or talk to him. He slipped while cutting and chewed his toes and foot up badly. Thanks for the reality check Carl.

I bought my P68 last fall with the intent to reduce my wood consumption with my OWB during the shoulder season and to make things easier for everyone here at home in general.

I honestly did not think the P68 would heat my home well once it remained colder. I was very wrong. We had a very cold and nasty winter that set several new record lows. I heated 2350 SQ FT on two floors without any problem at all. Loved it! My P68 was the only heat source I used all winter. With the exception of one week using the OWB just to run it and knock the dust off of it.

I think this year I will possibly use the OWB some more during the cold, cold spells since I will be in town this winter and I have it. But then again I might decide otherwise because it sucks getting geared up and running out in the cold to load in the evenings after I am warm and comfy inside relaxing. Who knows, we shall see.

Your close call just makes me rethink the wood heat deal all together. Let me reiterate this again. How "free" is that "free" wood? "Free" wood is losing it's value as I type this when you look at the risk, time, and work involved. But then again I ride and have three bikes. I also enjoy wood heat but am literally burned out on it. When the hassles out weighed the benefit it was time for me to look into other options and I am still very happy I did. Your near miss makes me like my pellet stoves even more and makes me think of the times I have slipped and such processing wood. It does happen. Some like yourself get lucky while others not so.

Status
Not open for further replies.