Hopper Size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robzheat

Sep 30, 2006
Does anyone else with a Harman XXV, notice that it can barely hold a 40lb bag of pellets? When I only have a few pellets left in the hopper a 40lb bag fills it, theres no way I could fit another half bag plus 5lb. The specs say it holds 65lb.

Unrelated issue: Do others have the problem with the design of the hopper and pellets sticking to the side and not making it to the bottoam

I can fit over a bag in there.
Make sure your pushing the pellets to the back of the hopper. Its goes back pretty far.
I dont really let it run down enough, I like to keep it topped up.

Ted,
Thanks, I'll try to push more to the back and see if that helps.

I also was curious last year. I found that with Golden Fire, the XXV holds pretty much exactly 65 lbs (I weighed what was left of the 2nd bag). Surprising how much more you can keep dumping in when you keep shoving the pellets back and to the sides.

When I let the stove run out of pellets, there is always about 4 or 5 handfuls that won't slide to the bottom.

I do not believe I could fit 65lbs of these energex pellets in my XXV. I have been dumping in a half bag in the morning and the rest in the evening. I have yet to even have the tank empty enough to put a full bag in....and i have been wondering the same thing. My ton of pellets is also taller than other brands I have seen. As for sticking to the sides...yes they do seem to do that, I just reach in and give them a stir.

Status
Not open for further replies.