Hopper Treatments

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RKBAGUY

Feeling the Heat
Sep 29, 2013
Milford, PA
I remember reading somewhere that rubbing wax paper inside your hopper will help pellets slide more easily toward the auger. Wondering if anyone does this, or something similar like silicone/wd40 spray to keep the feed running smoothly.

I wouldn't use any kind of spray..but I would use waxed paper had I had any.

I sprayed pledge onto a cotton shirt and wiped the inside of my hopper this summer. I was hoping it would help the pellets slide down easier. Not sure I can tell a difference.

My P43 had a really rough finish on the inside of the hopper. I ended up sanding it, and coated with several coats of paste wax. Re-wax the beginning of each season.

I used a spray furniture polish, it seemed to work well.
the hopper in my multi-fuel OPB was designed for corn and didn't feed the last bag or so of pellets very well.

I have done the wax paper and also the spray grafite

Status
Not open for further replies.