Hot blast furnace flue issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kyle1533

Mar 13, 2017
Chimney
I recently installed a hot blast in my home to replace my all nighter, having issues I think with the flue temp I'm running the stove at 450 but the flue is running at 230 on the single wall before the chimney not sure if this is normal or not for this new furnace, my all nighter would run at 400 usually on the flue anyone else run into this?

Comparing pipe temps to someone elses usually turns out to be an apples to oranges thing, without knowing how & where & with what they were measured.

What are you measuring your temps with?

Is this a new model hotblast? You wouldn't have a problem otherwise getting there in an old model.

Maple1 I'm using a ir gun and have a magnetic temp gauge on stove and on pipe never got over 250 on the pipe before going in the chimney. I do have a barometric damper but was just wondering if anyone else was running that low of flue temps and 250 Is when the stove is going good.

Outside pipe temps usually run about 1/2 of the internal temp...just FYI.
I rarely run my Tundra furnace much over 400* internal pipe temp

Outside pipe temps usually run about 1/2 of the internal temp...just FYI.
I rarely run my Tundra furnace much over 400* internal pipe temp
. Really I didn't realize it was that much single wall, guess I'm in the range then thank you! I'm just used to the older stoves running hot I guess.