how a garn works

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fabguy01

Sep 1, 2008
Ravenna Michigan
I am thinking of stepping up to a gassifier boiler and have been doing some research on which one to buy. I think i have the whole idea of gassifier operation figured out But , there seems to be something different about the garn. from the pictures ive seen it looks like the most gassifiers use a blower on the intake side where the garn looks like it actually pulls the intake air through the whole unit from the flue side, is this right? Also am looking for someone near by my place that i could check out a couple of different brands in person. I live in Ravenna Mi which is about 15 minutes east of Muskegon, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks nate

fabguy01 said:
I am thinking of stepping up to a gassifier boiler and have been doing some research on which one to buy. I think i have the whole idea of gassifier operation figured out But , there seems to be something different about the garn. from the pictures ive seen it looks like the most gassifiers use a blower on the intake side where the garn looks like it actually pulls the intake air through the whole unit from the flue side, is this right? Also am looking for someone near by my place that i could check out a couple of different brands in person. I live in Ravenna Mi which is about 15 minutes east of Muskegon, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks nate

You are correct on the draft/air flow through the boiler. The first 4 heat exchanger passes are negative pressure and the final pass is downstream of the inducer so it is positive pressure. I don't know of any units nearby you but if you get up to the Cadillac area I can show you several in operation. Send me a PM if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.