How can I safely create a sort of climbing shelf for my toad out of some wood I found in the shed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jack022

Oct 10, 2020
america
I've read that treated wood should be sealed, but I'm not sure what to use. I want to make something like an elevated shelf for my toad to sit on. For some reason, despite being an American/Fowler's Toad, she really loves to climb. What would you use?

Reactions: NickW
I've read that treated wood should be sealed, but I'm not sure what to use. I want to make something like an elevated shelf for my toad to sit on. For some reason, despite being an American/Fowler's Toad, she really loves to climb. What would you use?
I would be concerned that treated wood might contain chemicals harmful to my small non-furry friend. I would instead locate some rot-resistant wood such as Black Cherry, Red Elm or Sasafrass, and build the toadstool out of that. ==c

Reactions: NickW