How clean is clean?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ady5008

Oct 1, 2019
Central PA
Cleaned my chimney for the first time this weekend. How clean is clean enough? See the pictures. Only got a little bit of dry dust out. There actually seemed to be more in the stovepipe than at the top of the liner. The stovepipe and tee did have kind of a sticky film that didn't come off well. We didn't get the stove in until February last winter and didn't burn every day- every weekend and a lot of weekdays. Did burn some that was a bit wet, but I always burnt it wide open if need be to keep the stovepipe up to temperature. Won't have that problem this year.
PXL_20211016_152703190.jpg
Screenshot_20211020-063118.png
Screenshot_20211020-063255.png

Cleaned my chimney for the first time this weekend. How clean is clean enough? See the pictures. Only got a little bit of dry dust out. There actually seemed to be more in the stovepipe than at the top of the liner. The stovepipe and tee did have kind of a sticky film that didn't come off well. We didn't get the stove in until February last winter and didn't burn every day- every weekend and a lot of weekdays. Did burn some that was a bit wet, but I always burnt it wide open if need be to keep the stovepipe up to temperature. Won't have that problem this year.View attachment 283626View attachment 283627View attachment 283628
I'd say you're good mine looks like that after burning 24/7 all winter , nothing to worry about.