How do I work this thing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxym

Sep 30, 2016
Ohio
Hello all!

Hope you can help me. We just purchased a new to us home. It has a wood burning fireplace with a blower, however, I have no clue how to work this thing. I dont know if the vents are opened or closed. Could someone please give me some direction? I am familiar with normal wood burning fireplaces but this one looks totally different.

Attachments

• 20160930_152944.jpg
    20160930_152944.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 145
  • 20160930_153006.jpg
    20160930_153006.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 165
It is totally different what you have is a zero clearance stove. It will burn much cleaner and give you much more heat out of each piece of wood. To find out more info on operation you need to find out what make and model it is. Check the grilles top and bottom they should come off and there should be a tag behind them somewhere probably the bottom.

First...make sure your chimney/pipe/liner are in good shape. If it was not inspected, have it inspected. If you know how to do it yourself..have at it before the first fire.

I agree with sport bike have it inspected. And there really is no substitute for running a camera through the chimney. Without doing that there is no way to really see what is going on in there

Thanks!
There is a blower there as well but I am not sure how to turn it on ????? Is there a trick? I looked and it says it's CFM Corporation, Model EWF36.

Does it suppose to have a on/off switch?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.