how do the plates go in my stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klr650

Nov 5, 2014
mass
i have a older whitfield insert pellet stove. i took the plates out to clean the stove because i didn't know when the last time it was down i can't find any info on it and the owner before me didn't have a manual so there is my problem i hope some one can help thanks

WP2 Advantage

serial no. 62826

Depends, does yours have the inner baffles as well? They changed the design at one point. By your model # you have an Advantage II-T or III (do you have the tri glass door or one piece glass?)

I can't track down a picture of the older one, like I have, but the inner baffles can be a tad tough to put back in, they are situated like an upside down J.

I had a diagram, but can't find it!

Here you go.

Attachments

• how do the plates go in my stove
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-08-08-46.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 121
My right side baffle goes in no problem, the left side is like wrestling a gorilla over a banana. The top of the stove warped slightly.

That diagram is how they go in. Did it show up? I see it on my phone

Good luck! Just don't get frustrated, you'll get them in.

hey Ranger72 got them in no i just need to figure out why the combustion blower is not coming on any idea how hot the stove needs to get before it will turn on ?

The combustion blower should turn on as soon as you press the start button. You have this control board? :

Attachments

• how do the plates go in my stove
    unnamed (7).jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 91
Ok, mine was updated to the newer one. The combustion blower should turn on right away. That is what gives air to fuel the fire.

When you press the red start button, the combustion and connection blower should turn on.

Does the stove power up at all? Meaning does the auger turn on or the convection blower?

Both blowers should kick on when you press start. You may have knocked a wire to the convection blower loose while cleaning.

Check the terminal block, see if the #3 wires have a good connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.