How do you run the Exhaust and Air intake through the wall?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Darkwing

Oct 11, 2018
New Jersey
Hello...

I might have to get this task done soon, and since i dont just drill holes and have huge air infiltration into the house afterwards and/or insulation leak...i was wondering how you guys did that...
Do to the "suboptimal" Wall design in typical US homes, an air leakage could very fast lead to severe condensation issues and air infiltration through the envelope which might ruin the ACH50 value and causing thermal bridging and such...
So i was looking around and still havent found a solution...
Suggestions?

Use one of these:

upload_2018-10-16_18-47-49.png

Follow the installation directions & you will be fine.

Think ahead and plan out your installation, when your done silicone or caulk everything inside and out and you will be fine. Over 14 years I have moved mine twice from the original location just a few inches each time and I get no air leaks or such.

Thx...i will try to find that thing...or better you post a link...