How does Mulberry compare to Oak?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been there in a few years, not since the controversy surrounding them turning away some military members wearing their uniforms. I read they claim it was false, but I do know for sure they do not fly the American flag there. I worked in Leola for almost a year and drove past there 2x a day. Just one mans opinion, thats all.

Born in Somerton outer edge of NE Philly, Grew up in Feasterville, have lived in Southampton, Hatboro, Langhorne, Warrington(17 years) and now up between Bloomsburg and Wilkes Barre for the remainder.
This thread leads me to think I may have scrounged Mulberry off the side of the road a few years back. Was a real groan to split, even with a hydraulic splitter, so gave up. Left it in a pile. Shat is like a rock. Maybe it is or isn't Mulberry, don't really know. Is yellow and stringy and twisted as all hell.
Have a nice truck load of oak pole length to work on this winter.
I miss the conveniences of living down there, but don't miss the rest of it. Got very built up over the years.
Very happy in the woods now on my own compound. :cool:

Yeah the damn yuppies have invaded this whole area. I've lived here 30+ years, before it was "the cool place to live". Used to hunt in a lot of fields and woods that are houses and shopping centers now. I can't complain too much though, as that's what I do for a living working for one of the bigger contractors in this area

They film "Amish Mafia" in my neighborhood. I've seen my road on the show different times.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Status
Not open for further replies.