How does the Oslo work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobm

Sep 22, 2006
Hello All,

I just purchased a Jotul Oslo 500 and I am curious how the stove works. Not really much in the manual or their web site on this. Where is the air intake on this stove? What is the deal with 2nd burn steel pipes on the roof of the stove? How do they work?

Thanks Bob

Mike Wilson said:
adrpga498 said:
good reply Mr. Wilson.

Well, let's face it... the text behid that hyperlink is the best single source of "how to run a stove" that's ever been compiled on the net.

-- Mike

Thats how I learned ,along with asking a few questions and reading others responces here.

Maybe I can't find it but I don't see anything there that talks about how the wood stover operates or what is exactly happening inside the stove. In addtion, does anyone know where the Osolo draws it's air intake. Is in in the back of the stove? Thanks Bob

Bob, How does it work? P.F.M.
Chris

Chris,

I am pretty close to you, up in Glastonbury. Did you pick your Oslo up from Preston trading post?
What is P.F.M. ? Thanks Bob

Bob, Yes I did, I got mine two years ago. It's a great stove, provides almost all my heating needs. I do spend quite a bit of time scrounging for wood, but it's my mental health therapy. Ummm I'm also an old retired Sailor, P = Pure F= %$^*-in' M= Magic.

Chris

bobm said:
Maybe I can't find it but I don't see anything there that talks about how the wood stover operates or what is exactly happening inside the stove. In addtion, does anyone know where the Osolo draws it's air intake. Is in in the back of the stove? Thanks Bob

Well take a look on Jotul's web site... particularly HERE, where you can download the expanded parts diagram, and it will show you where the air intake is.

-- Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.