How far away from floor joist

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MS-310

Hearth Supporter
Jan 12, 2007
Putting an add on down in the basment I need to know where to find out info on how far from floor joist and if 14" is not enough what can I do... thanks again guys

If your "add on" is a wood furnace or stove and your talking about a chimney pipe you need to go thorough the floor with a ceiling support boot then a fire shield and then class A double wall pipe and you can be 2" to combustibles.

You can not go through the floor or any joists ect with single wall pipe.

Attachments

• SAVE0005f.JPG
    SAVE0005f.JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 1,249
Different clearances apply to various part - the plenum - right above - is usually 6" and then it is "X' amount for the first 6 feet of duct and then 2" or so for X feet after. It should be clearly spelled out in the manual or else on the stove label.

Each model varies. Ours is 6 inches from the joists.

sorry didnt tell you much.

Its the Horz. pipe that will run from the stove to the flue, it will be about 14" away from the bottom of the joists. I was hopeing that a single wall pipe will work. Where can I find out info on it.

thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.