How is this for a fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadon

Sep 30, 2008
Central Pa
A bonfire I had for my Boy Scout troop in September

Attachments

• DSC00134.JPG
    DSC00134.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 561
inefficient and polluting!

wxman said:

Come on, we can't even have a little fun anymore? I have campfires all summer. Inefficient and polluting as they may be, they are also a lot of fun. My car is also inefficient and polluting, but I still drive every day.

It doesn't seem by the title, picture and description that he was shooting for efficiency. It was a bonfire for his boy scout troop which leads me to believe he is an altruistic person doing good things for kids. Bravo! Nice campfire!! Kids must have loved it.

Looks like Bruce Willis should come walking right out of it any second carrying the woman he saved. Rick

dont hold back now, I forgot the :) in my prevoius post, I have a fire pit too

wxman said:

I figure since your avatar is smiling that everything you say is a joke. :coolsmile:

myzamboni said:
wxman said:

I figure since your avatar is smiling that everything you say is a joke. :coolsmile:

And based on your avatar, I assume that you are very pissed off while saying everything you say :)

i figured my avatar had an evil grin, not really a smile but hey, its a forum take everything you read here with a grain of salt to some extent ;)

I've seen bigger. :) ;)

So for their Fire Prevention Badge the Scouts had to attempt to toast a marshmallow golden brown (without burning it) with a three foot long stick, right? :) ;)

Of course I am just joshing with you.

Actually every time I light up an outdoor fire for the ambiance or just to get rid of some brush I often think of all those BTUs being lost and wish there was some way to capture all that heat until the dead of winter.

Looks warm and toasty...................

Thanks Folks, everyone enjoys an outdoor bonfire now and again. The Scouts had a great time during this event. It was a weekend campout to welcome 7 new Scouts to the troop and this was the kickoff for the weekend. They did cook on the fire ( making it efficent) , SEVERAL hours after when they could get within range. As for polluting nothing but clean oak pellets were burnt. I plan to use as the avatar when I learn how to get it to fit the size. This fire had a height of 40 foot. the photo showing the whole fire is 2.5 meg cannot get it to fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.