How long does your Yellow Drywall Bag in your vacuum last?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SidecarFlip

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
S.E. Michigan
I get about half the season out of one yellow drywall bag in my 15 gallon Shop Vac and then it's time to change it. It's getting pretty heavy by then and dumping it in the garbage can is always an exercise in being upwind.

At least they come in 2 packs so one package is good for the year...

What kind of mileage do you get from yours?

One heavy ash ton in on mine. Also did some general vacuuming. It is getting heavy but still gives great suction. May change it out next time.

I have a tiny micro compact shop vac (1 gallon) that is used for ashes, drywall dust and sawdust (I demolished a lot of the interior of my house and am rebuilding the way it SHOULD have been built), and I have used the same filter since I moved in last Thanksgiving. I obviously have to empty the thing every time I clean a stove or work on my house project. I usually empty the ash/dust in a compost pile (unless there are nails in there) then remove the filter and beat it against a tree until most of the dust is out, then re-install it and it's good to go. Do remember thinking last weekend that it is probably time to think about buying a new filter, but the old one is still solid and works well.

I only let mine get about a 1/4 full and dump it. What happens when vacuuming things up is harder stuff hits the bag and starts wearing a hole in it. That's when the duct tape comes out. lol Mine last a very long time as they are not cheap! Over three seasons. kap

One a season.

I only let mine get about a 1/4 full and dump it. What happens when vacuuming things up is harder stuff hits the bag and starts wearing a hole in it. That's when the duct tape comes out. lol Mine last a very long time as they are not cheap! Over three seasons. kap

Good tip. I have that issue too. Best price I've found is at Blowes........

Status
Not open for further replies.