how much lp do you use?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dtrumpet101

Jul 25, 2008
new england
we installed a propane insert this summer when oil was through the roof. We used it as the primary heat source until a couple of weeks ago. Our prebuy price was $3.50/gal for 250 gals. We averaged between 3 and 4.5 gallons a day using just for heat and cooking. I am nearly out of the 250 gals prebuy so I called today to see what the new price is and they said based on my usage it would be 3.60 but would continue to honor the 3.50 price. I thought it would be cheaper given our usage but maybe we don't use much. I have no frame of reference, so...
How much do you use and how much do you pay for it? and where are you from...we're in CT.
Thanks.

I bought 250 gallons of LP new years eve day. I own my own tank and was able to buy it for 1.75 a gallon. I have used 10 percent the last 26 days due to the fact that I try to use wood as much as possible. Man 3 something a gallon and I'd be broke and cold. I live in northwest Ohio.

I've never priced it, but that sounds expensive given the price of fuel(s) right now. Did you get other quotes?

3.57/G.... went with pellets, saving a bundle.

I own my own tank and had 85 gal. delivered on Jan. 15th for 2.01/gallon. That's the lowest I could find in So. Maine. I use 3-400 gallons per year for hot water, gas dryer, kitchen range, and a small amount for a space heater which is only used in very cold weather. I like the flexibility of owning the tank since I can "shop around" for the best price whenever I order. Of course now I wish I had purchased a larger tank to be able to take advantage of the seasonal lower prices.

We use about 350 gallons a month with furnace, gas log, range, and water heater. Old house with very little insulation.

$2.09 per gallon in Northeast Penna.

John

Here in Central Maine we have a propane cook stove, and a small Quadra-Fire log propane in the dining room. Our guy comes every 2 weeks,and we havent used the log stove much-so we're averaging 10 gals. a month @$2.95 a gal. I use the log set when its too chilly sitting at the comp,we have the pellet stove on the other side of the house.I want the oil to last till April 1st if I can.then we'll no longer use oil,changing to a wood stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.